Monday 25 May 2015

LETTING GO OF OLD FRIENDS



As we grow older and find ourselves more entangled in the complexities, of what we term the "real life" there is something we all go through. We lose friends.

I am one of those people who always has been very attached to my friends and I never understood why people leave and why some friends who were the closest, are the ones we no longer even say Hi to. Isn't that strange?
But slowly I have learnt that it's natural.

There is a long time I always wondered if a friend stopped talking or left that there must be something wrong with me. I must have done something wrong.  I might not have done enough. Maybe I wasn't good enough.
All of these thoughts plagued me to death. I blamed myself for the failure of friendships gone wrong.



But I have just started to realize that I was wrong. I no longer hold myself guilty. Its not always our fault. Or even that's friends fault that you are no longer talking to. Its just that as we grow up, we grow apart.

The most important thing to remember that might make letting go easier is " It never means that the love and camaraderie shared  wasn't real. It just means that with change in time and circumstances, the feelings change."
So keep the good memories and let go of the rest. Cherish them. Because those times were indeed, beautiful.  But release yourself from the guilt you have felt of losing them.

It was meant to be that way. Their chapter ended in your life but life didn't. It's not your fault. It's tough but we all deserve the peace.



I miss my friends every now and them. Some more, some less. But I understand now that they are no longer going to be a part of my life. People who are meant to be in our life gravitate back in our life, no matter how far they go and no matter how much time it takes.  You have to have faith.

And some people go away from life.

 But, they always remain in our heart.

Keep them there and in your prayers <3

14 comments:

  1. People are temporary. Memories are permanent. Good friends are gem. Best friends are permanent.

    As we grow up, we drift apart from each other in the process of making a better life for ourselves. But the love and camaraderie was real and one doesn't actually have to let go. The memories of the moment shared will be imprinted in the mind for ever, that is if the aforementioned love was genuine. Cherish the memories. Even if they aren't around, one can always feel happy about those memories.
    Though letting go is an important aspect of growing up, but not everything / everyone.

    Okay, I will stop now.

    Thanks for dropping by. You got a lovely blog yourself.
    Hope to see more posts.
    Keep writing. Take Care. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right!

      People who are meant to be find their way back somehow. Even, I believe that. and the rest, is how graceful we can be in letting things that no longer serve a purpose in our life. I just remember that while I miss them, I did all I could. I wasn't the first one to give up :)

      What's meant to be will be ;)
      I will keep on visiting yours.

      Stay safe and happy

      Delete
  2. Oh Toobs... I've missed you... this made me cry as I lost my best friend 2013 and I have had a really hard time letting go. I know things and people change... I needed to be remind that it wasn't my fault or his... it's just the way it is... I hope to be able to think about him without crying... one day... xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed you too...I can relate...You will get over it someday...That's my prayer for you...You will be free...to love and look back with those wet cheeks...I have a very hard time letting go..but...you already know that...WE faced our fears..we will outlive this hurdle too..we are strong enough

      Love <3
      Prayers :)

      Delete
  3. I otally identify with this post..even i wonder why people grow apart, because i always remember everyone..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel exactly the same. I guess, its because we feel a lot more than normal :)
      Stay blessed.
      Keep in touch

      Delete
  4. Well, things change as time flows by as nothing is constant in our life and I think the best part is we too are changed in some ways and learn to deal with it. It's just a cyclic nature of life.
    ^I know it might sound like cliche but it's true
    You should look more eagerly towards making new friends and memories, though it is natural to remember your old pals. But once you've got better people in your lives; you get over the worst.
    Stay blessed; always. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reassuring me that I am not the only one who feels like that.
      I try, my best to look forward and look back and cherish memories. It's just that at times, it's tough when you miss your friends and wish they were still there.
      This means a lot :)

      Stay blessed, Always :)
      Keep in touch

      Delete
  5. Wise words. I think the best friends can drop back into our lives after a long absence without having to explain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that. I have had one experience like that. It was totally worth it :)

      Stay in touch. Stay blessed :)

      Delete
  6. What you said is true.. and that's why keeping in touch is all the more important now. If it still doesn't work, then maybe it was destined just for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not falling apart, it's more like drifting away. You cannot get too attached to friends, because in the end, we are the captains of our own adventures. I like to think that people I call friends are happier, and living fulfilling lives, albeit they are farther away from me now. D. H. Lawrence said something about embracing ones aloneness. I guess it all comes down to that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really true.. Like a seed grow into one lil plant and gradually matures into different branches in different directions, So do we!
    Everyone who comes in our life has a lil purpose.. some stay some go away! we should just do our best for the time we are together! and cherish the good times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made my heart ache with the same old pain and fear of losing friends. This thought has been pestering me quite a lot now, I can totally relate with this and I always pray no one should ever have to face this kind of seperation.

    ReplyDelete